Cycling to Bangkok

Cycling to Bangkok

I intended to start cycling early morning from helens house to Thailand, but very heavy rain stuck ed me till about 11, after that I saw that there is no choice and I have to leave, so just I loaded my bicycle and just after one hour I was in the border and I left Lao after 29 nice days.

Last time that I arrived to the Thai border I faced with a complicated administration and really it made a bad effect in my mind, but this time the customer officer was really polite and when I left the border I felt great and happy to come back Thailand again, everything becam nice and fresh for was so easy , just a small manner of a person who was the first Thai people which I had to meet could make that feeling and just Thanks him to bring me back joy and cleaned my eyes.

So I arrived to Thailand about 13:30 and just I had about 650 km ahead to Bangkok, all the way high way No 2. I had to pass, Udon Thani, Nakhon Rachtasima,and 2 more major cities. I have some work in Bangkok and I had to arrive here on a certain time, so I decided to do it by 5 days.( I have ticket for 16th Sep to Iran to have a short break at home ), so I had to cycle 5 days and about 130km was ok , I was in good situation and also I was fresh and excited for going back Iran and meeting my mother and friends, so I was full of energy to cycle.

I didn't decide to stay in any guest house along the way and just sleeping inside the tent all the nights. for last few days I cant sleep well when I go to bed, I am really excited and it make me many thoughts and many pictures in my mind, so it was a major reason that I couldn't sleep well, in the other hand those nights were very hot and inside the tent was completely like a sauna, just sweating inside and so difficult to sleep and also I couldn't open the window of the tent because of mosquitoes.

The first night I stayed in a pagoda and the rest of nights just I put my tent in petrol stations.petrol stations are one of the best places in Thailand for a cyclist, most of them have 24 hours super market and restaurant, very clean services and also some of the has shower, ( however it isn't important, I am use to wash myself in toilet ).but in last 3 nights just I washed myself in toilet, it was ok and when you are traveling you should make everything much easier than usual and use of all the opportunities.

So in fact there is no more special stories from my trip from Lao to Bangkok, everyday just cycling and cycling.some time there is no more way and you should finish your job and leave enjoy for later.

Ohh sorry I was telling about lake of sleep....yes the first 3 nights really I couldnt sleep well and just 3-4 hours a night which is nothing for a person who is doing about 7-8 hours a day hard activity like cycling on the hot and it made me a little bit tired on the 4th day.a night before that day I arrived to Nakhon Ratchasima and in the restaurant I met director of UCI and he informed me about Asian Cycling Championship in the same city, I was happy to meet Iranian cyclist there.a day after on the line of start I met him again and we chatted for a while, his manner was so nice and friendly and in fact he gave me a certain amount of energy to continue,

so I began to cycle in that day on the tidiness, but after 3-4 hours cycling my body forgot about its tidiness and it began to work that day in the early morning when I was going to the start point of race one guy who was selling bed shit and some other stuff on his pick up, handed me a bed shit as a present, so night when I fixed my tent in a petrol station , I was too sleepy and tired, just I went to the supermarket and I fed myself with some junk foods, the come back to the tent and after shower in the toilet I lit a mesquite killer and opened the windows and just I died, it was nice I needed that rest and I could sleep well.

In the following morning I woke up about 5:30 and after eating somethings began to finish the first leg of my trip and now there is no more cycling till I come back to the road again.

Even now I miss the road and just waiting for the date of coming back to the road and continue...

10 Sep 2007


Latest News

Released at September 13
After I left Tehran, I travelled for a 9 days with my 14 years old nephew in Iran. Now I am back and getting ready tostart cycling in 2 weeks. I am also organizing a campaign in the second week of October in Golestan national park. 
These days I am just training to get ready and fit soon again. Luckily I am in a goo dshape. My only concern is to have a pair of tire which I cant find here in Iran and I need someone to send me from Europe.