Last leg of my journey in NZ

Last leg of my journey in NZ

I took a bus from Christchurch for Picton and then by a ferry I moved toward Wellington where I was going to stay for 2 days to renew my passport and relax. Last time that I was in Wellington I met Mr.Yssaiee and I staid with them for 2 days. The first night when I arrived there was a party in their house and some more Iranian people were there and we had a very nice time there.

When I was caught in Haast road under a shelter in Pleasant flat and just on the last hour before leaving there I met a Kiwi couple and we had a coffee together. They invited me to stay with them when I am passing through their town but I was not going to cycle due to I already have cycled that road and just I wanted to hitchhike to Tokorua where I could cycle to Rotorua to visit hot pools.

I called Mike( the man who invited me to stay with them in Waikana) and told him I am in Wellington and he kindly drove 55km down to Wellington to pick me up and take me to their house. Jude was in her office(his wife) and just we met her there for a couple of minutes and then I joint with some of her friends who were planting trees in an area out of the town and the project was supported by city councilor. When I was there I found that the next day is the arbor day which is day of planting and also International environment day and they have a project for the kids to plant trees. I asked Mike to stay one more day to join them but I caught cold and I was not in good health so I joint them but I was not in good mood and after a couple of hours I called Mike to come and pick me up.

The next day Mike drove me for about 30km to the next town where I could find a car for hitchhike. Regarding to my previous experiences of hitching it was hard to stay side the road again. I waited for about 1.30 hour and then a van stopped and I put my bicycle on the back of the car and I left there for the last leg of my journey in Kiwiland.

I arrived to the junction before Tokorua were I should take the left road ( I think road no 35) for Rotorua. It was about 4pm and I arrived there about 7pm. I followed the map John had given to me. 2,07km from the main road. I was infront a farm and called him. John is a member of Hospitality club and he was willing to host me for the time I was in Rotorua.

I called him" I am here in front of a few gates. Which one is yours?" And he answered "follow the light which is turning on"

By a few minutes I was in his house. He took me do dinning room were a big Pumpkin was on the table with some other dishes. The Pumpkin was filled with shrimp marinated in a very nice souse cooked inside the Pumpkin.

After dinner we went for swim in hot pool just on the bush near their house.

John, Josh, Mike, Rubin, me and a Brazilian girl that I have forgotten her name.( I am so poor to remember the names)it was wonderful. A very nice hot pool after a day cycling at night on the bush. So nice. Thank you John for your kindness and thanks John and Mike to share their time with me. I staid there the next day and John took me to watch hunting back horse riding.

I had few option to go to Auckland and finally I got the best decision which was passing through Hamilton where could meet some friends again and just I text to Clare and informed her that I am coming. I arrived to Hamilton about 6:30pm and I went to their house. They were waiting for me outside with headlight to show me the way. I was surprised for their attention and the way they were treating me. I arrived and we hugged each other not only like a friend but also like someone you were waiting to meet for ages. I was happy very much. After I reloaded my bicycle Nji told me the shower is ready and I was happy for having a shower. I went to the bathroom woooow the running water was open and there was plenty of candles around the bathroom and a glass of fresh juice. I went outside and told them I will spoil by this bathroom and we laughed…

I lied down on the hot water looking for the candles which were illuminating the walls and the ceilings and the steam around the bathroom with magic light of candles had made the place very special. I left there just on the morning of following day and began to cycle ahead to Auckland. Just I called Anne and she drove to her mothers house on Taupiri and we could catch up there for a cup of coffee and again I began to hit the road.

I arrived to Auckland in the evening and directly I went to Gaye Andrews house where I was staying when I arrived to Auckland for the first time.

I had few days before I leave the country and all those days I had nothing special to do except confirming my ticket for Sydney and a few numbers to call.

I called one of them who has a Persian super market and I went there to meet him. Reza who is living in NZ for a long time also introduced me to one another Iranian people there who also has a super market. I went to the other shop to meet some more people from home. After an hour talking with Vahid he invited me to their house for dinner and it was a chance to spend some time with Iranian people.

We had a very nice time with Vahid and his lovely family and his wife Afsaneh helped me to have an itinerary ticket from Australia which was very important to have it for check inn in airport. During the last days in Auckland I went there to meet Reza, Vahid and Afsaneh for a couple of times and finally Saturday arrived and it was time to leave.

I was a bit sad for leaving NZ. I had wonderful time there and I made great friends there. It was hard to leave them and I didn’t like it but it is my life. Leaving and leaving and leaving.

Mayada took me to the airport and when she was about to leave Roz arrived. Roz drove 150km from Hamilton to Auckland to see me in airport before I leave and say goodbye. That’s why I didn’t like to leave NZ where I had wonderful friends. Roz and I had lunch and we talked for about 1:30 hour and then I had to say goodbye to Roz as well. We hugged each other and I left there for boarding to the plane and she left there for Hamilton.

Thinking of friends who were so kind to me in NZ made me happy and more determined to continue and keep going. It was so nice think of Roz who came from Hamilton and drove 300km just to say goodbye and refresh our meeting and also Mayada, Gaye, Stu, Mike, Vahid, Afsaneh, Yassaie family, Navid and his family, Aroha, Meg and her family, Bruce and his family, Hoss and his family, Moaveny family, Asghari family, Anne and Mike, Roberta, Brome, Jude, Omid and Shahab, Clare and Nji, Daphne and Mike, Mr Nozari and Movaheddi, Reza, Wendy, John,…I was thinking of them and refreshing their pictures in my mind. I was on the air waiting to began the next leg of my journey in the land of Kangaroos.

6 July 2008

آخرین گام سفر من در نیو زیلند

از  کریس چرچ برای  پیکتون اتوبوس گرفتم وسپس به وسیله یک قایق به سمت ولینگتون حرکت کردم تا 2 روز برای استراحت وتمدید پاسپورت اونجا بمونم.آخرین بار که در ولینگتون بودم آقای عیسایی رو ملاقات کردم و 2 روز پیش اونها موندم .اولین شب ورودم در منزل آنها مهمانی بود و ایرانی های دیگه ای هم بودند و همگی اوقات خیلی خوبی داشتیم.

زمانی که در جاده هاست در سر پناهی  در ساختمان  پلیزانت بودم دقیقا آخرین ساعت قبل از ترک آنجا یک زوج نیو زیلندی را ملاقات کردم و با هم قهوه خوردیم .از من دعوت کردند که هنگامی که از شهرشون عبورمی کنم  با اونها باشم اما من نمی خواستم رکاب بزنم چون قبلا با دوچرخه از اون جاده عبور کرده بودم و فقط می خواستم برای توکوروا ماشین بگیرم و از اونجا به سمت روتوروا رکاب بزنم تا آب گرم ها رو ببینم .

با مایک (فردی که ازم دعوت کرد تا در وایکانا با هاشون باشم )تماس گرفتم و بهش گفتم که در ولینگتون هستم و او با مهربونی تمام 55 کیلومتر تا ولینگتون رانندگی کرد تا منو برداره و با هم به خونه شون بریم .جود (همسر مایک )در محل کارش بود و ما او رو اونجا برای چند دقیقه ای ملاقات کردیم و بعد من به بعضی از دوستانش پیوستم که در منطقه ای در خارج از شهر درخت می کاشتند و این پروژه به وسیله عضو شورای شهر حمایت میشد.وقتی آنجا بودم متوجه شدم فردا روز طبیعت که مخصوص کاشتن گیاهانه و همچنین روز جهانی محیط زیست است و آنها برنامه ای برای درختکاری کودکان دارند .از مایک خواستم تا یک روز دیگر آنجا بمانیم وبه آنها ملحق شویم اما سرما خوردم و هر چند به آنها پیوستم ٬در وضعیت خوبی نبودم و بعد از چند ساعت از مایک خواستم تا بیاد و منو برداره.

روز بعد مایک منو به شهر بعدی در 30 کیلومتری ٬جایی که می تونستم یه ماشین برای سوار شدن پیدا کنم رسوند.با توجه به تجربه قبلی ماشین گرفتنم سخت بود که دوباره کنار جاده بایستم.حدود یک ساعت و نیم صبر کردم و بعد یک ون ایستاد و من دوچرخه ام رو پشت ماشین گذاشتم و اونجا رو برای برداشتن آخرین قدم سفرم در سرزمین کیوی ترک کردم.

وارد تقاطع توکوروا شدم جایی که باید از جاده سمت چپ به سمت روتوروا می رفتم ( فکر می کنم مسیر شماره 35). حدود 4 بعد از ظهر بود ومن ساعت 7 عصر به اونجا وارد شدم .نقشه ای رو که جان به من داده بود دنبال کردم.  07/2 کیلومتر از جاده اصلی .رو به روی یک مزرعه بودم که باهاش تماس گرفتم.جان یکی از اعضای کلوب مهمان نوازیه و امیدوار بود که از من زمانی که در روتوروا هستم پذیرایی کنه.

به جان گفتم "من اینجا روبه روی چندین ورودی هستم .کدوم یکی مال توست؟" و او جواب داد "چراغی رو که روشنه دنبال کن"

دقایقی بعد توی خونه اش بودم .منو به اتاق غذاخوری برد.اونجا یک کدوی بزرگ با چند ظرف دیگه روی میز بود .کدو با میگویی که آغشته در سس بسیار خوبی بود و درون کدو پخته شده بود٬پر شده بود.

بعد از شام رفتیم تا در آب گرمی که در بوته زار نزدیک خانه آنها بود شناکنیم . جان٬جاش٬ مایک٬ روبین٬من و یک دختر برزیلی که اسمش رو فراموش کرده ام .(من در یادآوری اسمها بسیار ضعیف هستم).فوق العاده بود.یک آب گرم عالی پس از یک روز رکاب زدن در شب میان علفزار.بسیار عالی.جان به خاطر محبتت متشکرم.از جان و مایک به دلیل تقسیم کردن لحظاتشون با من تشکر می کنم .

روز بعد اونجا موندم و جان منو به تماشای شکار با اسب برد .امکان کمی داشتم که به اوکلند برم .بالاخره بهترین تصمیم رو گرفتم که عبورازهمیلتون بود .جایی که می تونستم بعضی از دوستانم رو دوباره ببینم . پس به کلر خبر دادم که دارم میام .

حدود 6.30 عصر وارد همیلتون شدم و به منزل اونها رفتم. اونها بیرون از منزل منتظرم بودند تا با چراغ های ماشین راه رو به من نشون بدن. از توجه و طرز رفتارشون با من شگفت زده شده بودم. رسیدم و ما همدیگر رو در آغوش گرفتیم نه تنها مثل یک دوست بلکه مثل کسی که سالهاست منتظر دیدارش هستی. بسیار خوشحال بودم. بعد از اینکه دوچرخه ام رو جا به جا کردم٬ Nji  به من گفت که حمام آماده است و من خوشحال شدم که دوش بگیرم. وقتی به حمام رفتم ... ووووووووه .آب جاری بود ویک عالمه شمع دور و بر حمام گذاشته بودند ویک لیوان آب میوه تازه هم بود.رفتم بیرون و گفتم من با این حمام لوس میشم! و همه خندیدیم ...

توی آب داغ دراز کشیدم و به شمع هایی نگاه میکردم که دیوارها و سقف رو درخشان و روشن کرده بودند و بخار آب اطراف حمام با نور جادویی شمع ها اونجا رو خیلی استثنایی کرده بود.

صبح روز بعد اونجا رو ترک کردم و شروع کردم به رکاب زدن به سمت اوکلند. با آن تماس گرفتم و او به منزل مادرش در Taupiri اومد و تونستیم اونجا یک فنجون قهوه بخوریم و دوباره به جاده برگشتم.

 عصر به اوکلند رسیدم و مستقیم به خانه   Gaye Andrews رفتم که اولین بار که به اوکلند اومده بودم اونجا موندم.

 چند روز تا ترک این کشورمونده بود و کار خاصی برای انجام  دادن نداشتم جز تایید بلیطم برای سیدنی و چند تا شماره تلفن برای تماس.

به یکی از اونها زنگ زدم که یه سوپر مارکت ایرانی دارند و رفتم اونجا تا ببینمشون .رضا که مدت زیادیه در نیوزیلند زندگی می کنه ٬منو به یه ایرانی دیگه در اونجا معرفی کرد که ایشون هم سوپر مارکت دارند.به اون یکی مارکت رفتم تا افراد بیشتری از وطنم رو ببینم. بعد از یک ساعت صحبت کردن با وحید منو برای شام به خونه اشون دعوت کرد و این شانسی بود تا زمانی رو با ایرانی ها سپری کنم.

 ما لحظات بسیار خوبی رو با وحید و خانواده دوست داشتنیش داشتیم و افسانه ٬همسرش٬ به من کمک کرد تا بلیط سفر از استرالیا داشته باشم که داشتنش برای چک کردن مهمانسرا در فرودگاه بسیار مهم بود. طی روزها ی آخر در اوکلند چند بار به دیدن رضا٬ افسانه و وحید رفتم تا بالاخره شنبه رسید و زمان رفتن شد.

 به خاطر ترک نیوزیلند یه مقدار ناراحت بودم. اوقات فوق العاده ای رو اونجا داشتم و دوستان بسیار خوبی پیدا کردم. سخت بود که اونها رو ترک کنم و دلم نمی خواست اما این زندگی منه. ترک کردن و ترک کردن وترک کردن.

 مایادا منو به فرودگاه رسوند و زمانی که داشت بر می گشت رزاز راه رسید. رز 150 کیلومتر از همیلتون تا اوکلند رو رانندگی کرده بود تا منو قبل از رفتنم در فرودگاه ببینه و خداحافظی کنه.به این دلیله که دوست نداشتم نیو زیلند رو ترک کنم.جایی که دوستان فوق العاده ای دارم. من و رز ناهار خوردیم و حدود یک ساعت و نیم قدم زدیم و بعد من باید از رز خداحافظی می کردم. ما همدیگر رو در آغوش گرفتیم و بعد من رفتم که سوار هواپیما بشم و رز اونجا رو به سمت همیلتون ترک کرد .

 فکر کردن به دوستانی که در نیوزیلند این قدر با من مهربان بودند مرا خوشحال و برای ادامه راه مصمم تر می کند. فکر کردن به رز که از همیلتون آمد٬ 300 کیلومتر راه را رانندگی کرد تنها برای اینکه بگوید خدانگهدارو دیدارمان را تازه کند ٬ همچنین ٬ مایادا٬gaye٬ استو٬ مایک ٬ وحید٬افسانه٬ خانواده عیسایی٬ نوید و خانوده اش٬ اروها٬ مگ و خانواده اش٬ بروس و خانوده اش٬ هاس و خانواده اش٬ خانواده معاونی٬ آن و مایک٬ روبرتا٬ بروم٬ جود٬ امید و شهاب ٬ کلر و Nji٬ دافنه و مایک٬ آقای نوذری و موحدی٬ رضا٬ وندی٬ جان٬ ...  بسیار عالی بود .من به آنها فکر می کردم و تصاویرشان را در ذهنم مرور می کردم. درآسمان منتظر شروع گام بعدی سفرم در سزمین کانگوروها بودم .


Latest News

Released at October 6

I had 10 days of cycling in Iran, going up and down through many hills and mountains which was quite hard in my first days of cycling.
Finally I made it on the righ ttime to be in Golestan national park where I am going to run a campaign to clean up the park from trash. I have invited people from all over the country to come and join to clean it up. 
The campaign will start tomorrow morning and will continue 6 days till October 12. 
Afterward I will keep cycling north....