I am on the road again

It was already 6 months after I returned home from S Korea to do my peace ride project with Rick. I kept traveling through Iran after Rick left Iran till I came to a point which I found myself quite busy with friends and people on my way.
So I decided to stop cycling in Iran and spend some time on my own, basically training to get ready for the next part of my journey.
3 months later I was totally impatient and I could stay any longer in Iran. I needed to move and to be on the road again.
I had already my visa but I didn’t have enough money to afford flight to any destination to Europe. It is high season and flights are quite expensive, so after searching a lot I found a flight from Istanbul to Milan which was quite cheap but I had to wait 28 days for that flight.
I had no choice, either to wait to see if anything may happen or to book that flight and plan my journey regarding to that date.  I knew there is no chance to wait, and waiting just might destroy my determination. It was time to move again and I could feel it with every single cells of my body and I was ready to leave, so I had to do it.
I booked that flight for 130 $ and I decided to cycle to Istanbul but I was not planning to ride through Iran.
I took a bus next day to Tabriz and I after a day off in Tabriz I began to ride.  I started quite late from Tabriz, 3:30 pm but I didn’t have much to ride that day. It was first days and I should have taken it easy.
I cycled 80km to Marand where there is a guy living who catches all cyclists passing the town. Akbar I believe is one the most experienced warmshowers and hosts who has hosted over 470 cyclists in a year.
after having dinner with Akbar he sent me to a dormitory belong to the department of physical education of Marand. A room with nearly 40 beds and I was alone.
After a day of cycling I needed to take a shower but it was not working !! so I washed one of the toilets and I took shower in toilet! It brought me back to the few years ago when I should take shower every night in toilet in Malaysia and Indonesia. 
Like always I did cycling full day, unpacked at night, had a deep rest and packed again in the morning to do it all over again.
20 km after Marand I saw some 4WD safaris passing by! I realized there are a tour passing Iran and my very close friend Ali is a tour guide for those safari tours.
I just called him and I told him “ Hey Ali…where are you? I smell you near Marand !!” he was surprised and told me he is just 20 km before Marand!
after a short conversation he asked me where I am and I told the story, he replied “ Why didn’t you take a car to the border and start cycling from the border? “ “ I am calling you for that !!- I answered!”
in 20 min I was inside his car driving to the border.
Now I could save 2 days and I could also consider Ankara in my plan to visit.
I left border at 3:30 and began to ride toward Dugbaizid, the very first town in Turkey which is 35km from the border.
few km farther I met a German couple, Ursula and Hans riding in the same direction. So we joined and we had a lovely conversation all the way to Dugbaizid.
While riding I told her how I like to have a coffee and she kindly invited me to have a coffee in their hotel.
It was a wonderful rest in a hot day to have some chai and soft drinks and then I left them.
I began to ride toward Igdir and after I was on the road, I looked back to the hotels terrace; Ursula was still there waving for me. How beautiful it was to make such a nice friendship in such a short time and it all comes from not having any expectation and just sharing some good feeling with another stranger like you.

I didn’t have much time to ride and still 49km to Igdir, so I knew it is hard to make it that day. So I decided to camp somewhere far from the town where I could see stars and hear just bugs and birds.
After nearly 10km I left the main road into a dirt road for 2.7km and I found a spot to pitch my tent where I could have Mount Ararat at the background.
Again I had stars as a roof above my head and no wall was separating me from the nature. I was there in to the nature, where I am belonging to, where I have entire peace and where universe is kind of transparent and I can see through.
After I had my morning coffee, some dogs came around following by 2 shepherds. We had a short chat and they left smiling.
Packing again, cycling and breathing freedom.
I had 40 km to Igdir and shortly I arrived there.
I knew the address of my very good friends parents ( Fatma Bulaz ) but I should call him to inform him that I am at the door.
I met them last year in Netherlands and again here in Turkey they hosted me for a night.
It was so good to experience 2 days with no cell phone and no internet…but it does not last for so long as I should have a cell phone to communicate with my family and friends. Life is all about sharing ….


Latest News

Released at August 2
4 days ag, I was going to come to Mashhad from Tehran by car. in a very shoort moment, someone broke into my car and stole my duffle bag which was filled with all my equipments. The hardest part was losing my passport, ID car, Swiss simcard, Banc card, and 2 hard drives full of picturesa nd videos from my journey, also tent, mattress, sleeping bag, 3 pair of shoes.....ooops!! ) 
It wasnt fun at all but not much I can do now and I have to restart again from the very beginning to collect those equipments again and get my documents which doesnt have a funny procedur. 
Anyway....life is going forward and I should follow it. 
I will be back on the road soon.....just need to get prepared again.
These days I am training harder and palanning my journey. I am going to go back to the road in a month.