Birmai, where I could talk with my frriends on my Iranian mobile...

Birmai, where I could talk with my frriends on my Iranian mobile...

That day was the day I could get close to the Iran’s land next to Aras river. It could be a place for me to hear my friends on the phone and was enough to have that big joy and to be in hurry. from 30km before that Birmai ( the village next to Parsabad in Iran) I put my sim card for my Iranian mobile and I kept checking it every 2-3 km to see if it has antenna or not. I sent a sms to my brother telling him my phone might get service. I left the sms to go as soon as I have antenna and I just kept checking it every 2-3km. finally it ringed and I heard the voice of my lovely nephew asking where are you? He was asking me when I will take him to paintball. What I actually promised him and I didnt . I was expecting to have a room in Birmai and have a day off hanging on phone with friends but there was not actually a place I could find a room. I had to pitch my tent just near a farm. I had no antenna at my tent and I had to stay side the road 100m from my tent just in a very small spot to use my phone. Every small move could cause losing the antenna and it made me really tired. I was in that spot till 12:30 at night and then I was off to my tent to sleep. Next day again the same, almost al the village knew that I am standing there using my phone and it caused me to leave after 2pm. for the last I called mum and told her I can be reached again at my Azeri mobile. I was a bit tired but a flat road with the tail wind helped me to cycle about 65km till a small city called Sabrabad. another night and again searching for a place. A petrol station was good enough to sleep. I put my tent and washed my cloths…I cleaned my body with a wet towel but still not shower and it was the 6th day with no shower. Actually the longest period of not having shower in my whole journey. A few drops of rain made me decide to move to praying room and just 10minafter I moved there was a very heavy rain. But luckily I had a roof, furniture’s, and a very clean room, so there was no matter for the rain. I had just 2 days before I could reach Baku. when I arrived to the highway I could have a good asphalt but highway does not please any cyclist I think. There are many trucks and cars driving fast and of course there is no any sign of local’s life. I was cycling s fast as I could to finish that road as soon as possible. I wanted to cycle more that day, so I would have a short ride the next day which would be the last in Azerbaijan. finally I saw the Caspian sea which actually we know it as Khazar sea. The biggest lake which is 27m below sea level. I was a bit disappointed because the view I had in my mind from khazar was always green and forest but here it was deserted all around. No trees and no green lands, no forest in that part ( but in the north of Azerbaijan there is mountain and forest next to Khazar sea which I had no chance to visit ). Anyway the positive side was not being so humid and warm. It was just cool. I put my tent at the beach. My tent was just faced to the sea where I could sip my coffee looking at moon coming up from the middle of the sea. An amazing scene which was such a prize after 8 days of nonstop cycling and I could feel it by all my cells and I did appreciate it. The next day after 35km I arrived to Baku….just following the direction Jamil ( a couch surfer who offered me a place to stay ) had given to me and I was at home around 2am….Shower was the very first thing I had to do. It was so nice having hot water all around my body after 7 days of not washing myself.

21 May 2011


Latest News

Released at October 28
After nearly 3 months I am on my back to Iran. last 2 years I didnt travel much because I should spend more time in Iran working on the Association to develop it. this year also I will spend few months in Iran in order to do more work for the Association. Of course is not that easy for me to stay in Iran long time but I have an important job to do though. 
I think I am almost done with Europe and my next leg of journey will be South America in 2018.